Sunday, November 18, 2012

PROMETHEUS




Hey everybody my name is Kyle Mayo I am currently majoring in mass communications at Bossier Parish Community college. In hopes that I will become a director or producer, wherever the film industry may lead me I will follow.Film has always been a passion of mine.Ever since I was a little boy, it has always intrigued me . A filmmaker in my eyes is a modern day story teller and someone who can capture a broad audience through visual images. That is why I love films so much  and enjoy making them. I am currently in the process of owning a production company with my father who loves films as much as I do. Our company's name is FAKE HAND PRODUCTIONS .We currently have finished a short film, PRISONER OF MY MIND,a physiological thriller that really explores what kind of tricks your mind can play on you. It's ready to be sent out to film festivals.There are some  projects that are currently in the process of being developed . I will defiantly keep everybody updated. In the mean time, I thought I would give a shot at being a film critique and explaining some films I have seen and share them with you in hopes that you will appreciate that it is coming  from a fellow filmmaker. 

     So my first film I will be reviewing  will be....... Prometheus a well developed science fiction film from the great mind of  Ridley Scott.The opening scene caught my intention immediately with some really amazing visual effects almost immediately you could sense it was going to be a thrill ride. Prometheus was written by  Jon Spaihts and Damon Lindelof. The film stars Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, Logan Marshall - Green, and Chalize Theron. The story is set in the late 21st century and centers on the crew of the space ship Prometheus as they follow a map discovered among the remnants of several ancient civilizations. The crew, seeking the origins of humanity, arrive on a distant world and discover an advanced civilization and a threat that could cause the extinction of the human race. Development of the film began in the 2000s as a fifth installment in the alien franchise. Ridley Scott and director James Cameron developed ideas for a film that would serve as a prequel to Scotts 1979 science fiction horror film Alien. John Spaihts wrote a script for a prequel to the alien films, but Ridley Scott wanted to go a different direction with it. In 2010 Damon Lindelof joined the project and rewrote John Spaihts script,and he and Ridley Scott developed a story that precedes the story of Alien but is not connected. Prometheus explores its own mythology and ideas. It was a fun film to watch I would defiantly recommend you go check this one out  Thematically the film blended the best of the first two films,Alien and Aliens, in terms of action. As a director this movie and the story behind it really hits home for me. I remember when I was a kid my dad approached me with the series of alien movies to watch and I loved every one of them. So a really good addition to the franchise overall 10 movie reels out of 10. Join me next week as I bring you another addition of FILM REVIEWS FROM A FILMMAKER.....









No comments:

Post a Comment