Monday, November 19, 2012

THE RAID : REDEMPTION



Hey everybody thanks for joining me again at FILM REVIEWS FROM A FILMMAKAER as I review THE RAID : REDEMPTION, from the very start your thrown into this amazing world of high paced action and thrills, it does not let up and I simply did not want it to and that's what I love about this film I believe this movie is a true definition of action packed I am actually jealous I didn't come up with the idea for this film and direct it myself but that's the true beauty of this film is for future filmmakers and current filmmakers to watch this movie and take notes, From one of the best movies of the year, The Raid : Redemption is a 2011 Indonesian martial arts action film written and directed by Gareth Evans and starring Iko Uwais they previously worked with each other on the action film Merantau that released in 2009. While still in production Sony pictures acquired the distribution rights of the film for the U.S. Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park and Joseph Trapanese created a nice feel for the film musically that really gets you involved in the scenes. The film premiered at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival and premiered at Sundance. The plot for this film is centered around, Rama a member of a special forces team, that arrives at a rundown apartment block with a mission to remove its owner, a notorious drug lord the building has become a sanctuary for killers, gangs, rapist and thieves Rama and his team must fight their way through every floor and every room not to just complete their mission but survive their bloody ordeal. This movie keeps you on the edge of your seat, some of the slow motion shots and angles really draw you into some of the scenes and the fighting in this film is like Bruce lee on steroids I’m not going to lie after the film was over. I wanted to kick some butt, which is awesome when a director can create a story like this and get your blood pumping they have successfully done their jobs if you have some time to watch this movie I seriously advise it.
I go to the movies to be entertained and inspired by other directors works of art to summon up a good film of my own this movie was simply amazing, The action is nonstop and the fights are choreographed mostly by two of the main actors, overall a really well done film another film that deserves 10 movie reels out of 10. Join me next week for another addition of FILM REVIEWS FROM A FILMMAKER....



No comments:

Post a Comment